Agrino, founded 1955 in a rural town of Central Greece called Agrinio, is a Modern Greek company owned by the Pistiolas family. Through years of hard and passionate work, Agrino has grown dynamically and possesses the #1 position in the Greek market for rice, rice cakes holding a strong position in pulses. Pioneering globally, the name of the local grower and the cultivation area are printed on each pack of Greek rice or pulses, making it fully traceable. In 2007, Agrino, the 1st company of its kind in Europe, applies the Global GAP principles protecting human health and environment. Most importantly, it has gained consumers` trust and conquered the hearts of the consumers, who considers Agrino to be a “LoveBrand”. As Top Quality is the first fundamental value of Agrino’s successful course, the company has two fully equipped, state-of-the-art quality control laboratories, one in Agrinio and one at the main factory in Thessaloniki’s Industrial Area.
Both facilities are certified by TÜV NORD Hellas for the implementation of the quality standards ISO 9001: 2008 and ISO 22000: 2005.
Furthermore Agrino has achieved all international certificates (e.g. BRC, IFS, FDA) with a high score.
Agrino is present in more than 20 countries, mainly in Europe & North America, but as well in South Africa offering existing and potential consumers as well as clients various packaging sizes (200g – 25kg and 1.000kg Big Bags) for retail, Food Service and HoReCa.
Certifications & Awards
- ISO 9001
- ISO 22000
- GLOBAL GAP
Last year Agrino won the Gold prize for food packaging of its rice cake line. On Tuesday September 22, 2020 Agrino received – again – Gold prize for the newly introduced Legumes packaging.
- GOLDEN PRIZE PACKAGING AWARDS 2020
- COMPANY ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY AWARD, OIKOPOLIS 2019
- GOLD BRANDED CONSUMER PRODUCT AWARD, MADE IN GREECE AWARDS 2019
- GOLD PACKAGING INNOVATION AWARD 2019
- SUCCESFULL LAUNCH AWARD, SELF SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2017
- NATIONAL WINNERS AWARD, EBA AWARDS 2014
- AGRICULTURAL EXCELLENCE AWARD, MADE IN GREECE AWARDS 2013
- AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT HONOURABLE DISTINCTION, ELAM MADE IN GREECE AWARDS 2013
- INNOVATION AWARD, SΒΒΕ GREEK VALUE AWARDS 2012
- GREEK BUSINESS AWARD, EXPRESS NEWSPAPER 2011
- GASTRONOMOS AWARD, KATHIMERINI 2009
- AWARD – SPECIAL RECOGNITION, TÜV HELLAS 2008
- CAMERA DI COMMERCIO AWARD 2004
- BEST BRANDED PRODUCT AWARD, ACCI 2002
- BEST GREEK PRODUCT AWARD, SIAL 2002
- Agrino was one of the first agricultural companies worldwide which applies a cultivating protocol called GlobalG.A.P. (Good Agriculture Practice), an approach between conventional and organic farming. Until today we utilize this protocol. Together with our contractual farmers we are certified yearly.
- Every year independent bodies are issuing various quality certificates (IFS/BRC, ISO, FSMA) with high rates achieved during audits. In addition our products are sold in USA as we fulfill FDA standards.
- Quality & Innovation/Differentiation are Agrino`s fundamental values which are implemented and realized year after year.
- As Agrino works with contractual farmers we guarantee 100% traceability (fieldto-fork) of all rice and pulse items with Greek origin. We are the only rice and pulses company worldwide which put the name of the grower and cultivation area on the front of the packaging of rice and pulses cultivated in Greece.
- Since decades (starting in the 70`s) Agrino is Greek`s market leader in Rice. Only within 6 months Agrino`s rice cakes with its five flavors became market leader. In addition Agrino holds a significant market share with its pulse varieties.
- For more than two decades Agrino exports its product range into dozens of countries in Europe, North America, and South Africa.
- Agrino combines authentic Greekness with superior product quality as well as highest professional level in terms of reliability, integrity and credibility.
- Agrino applies zero waste manufacturing procedures.
- Agrino Rice has very low arsenic content and monitored constantly.