Gold Metamorphosis is a private company with a vision to promote and deliver to consumers only top quality agricultural products with an authentic and rich taste, particularly extra virgin olive oil, from the area of Molaoi in Monemvasia, Greece. Our passion derives from our dedication to the development of packaged products of the highest quality, in accordance with European Union health recommendations and standards.
The agroproducers of “Metamorphosis” extra virgin olive oil meticulously follow a very long tradition dating at least from the 13th century. At an altitude of 300meters above sea level on a hilly sloping terrain with natural drainage and benefiting from a powerful cistern, the olive groves of “Metamorphosis” proudly stand. They are in controlled and certified fields regarding their methods of fertilizing, cultivation and harvesting in order to consist a Protected Geographical Indication of Laconia (PGI Laconia) and produce an excellent extra virgin olive oil of top quality and of the highest standards.
The monastery of “Metamorphosis” from which our blessed products are named after is referred from 1301 by the Byzantine emperor Andronicus Palaiologos II in a so-called “chrysobull” or “golden bull”, i.e. an imperial decree.
An active Monastery under the Republic of Venice in 1699 following the Morean wars with 1 abbot, 2 priest-monks, 4 monks, 3 workers paid for by the monastery, and 5 children.
A parallel active role as a so-called “hidden school” for teaching Greek children the Greek language and Christian doctrine under Ottoman rule.
Government documents following the Greek war of independence stated the monastery to “be taken good care of, for the benefit of the Nation.” for its vital role in the Greek war of independence with the state’s top officials issuing “intense and strict orders securing the above purpose.”
Survived when Ibrahim Pasha raided southern Laconia in 1825, passing through the Gagania and Molaoi areas with an army of 17,000 men, as part of his expedition in the Peloponnese. A cultivated land of 300 acres with 587 olive trees remained untouched still producing and delivering your unique “Metamorphosis” extra virgin olive oil.
“Metamorphosis” Extra Virgin Olive Oil is an authentic and premium product distinguishing itself from its:
– Premium quality and special flavor, from the ideal combination of Koroneiki and Athinolia varieties.
– Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and solely by mechanical means.
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) Laconia.
– Gentle harvest and the strictest selection of olives used.
– Naturally rich in Polyphenols and extremely low acidity.
– Full of antioxidants and vitamins that provide many health benefits.
– Authentic historic olive oil dating since the Byzantine era.
– Offers Health Claim.
– Received numerous international awards, distinctions, and gold medals.
It offers a health claim, where the daily consumption of 20g of the “METAMORPHOSIS” olive oil protects the blood lipids from oxidative stress according to the regulation 432/2012 of the European Union. Additionally, “Metamorphosis” contains high amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, polyphenols, and antioxidants that provide numerous health benefits.
“Metamorphosis” has an authentic and well balanced taste, special flavor, pungent, bitter, and intensely fruity. Smooth and delicate to taste, with a generous aroma, rich and aromatic, leaves a strong, lasting aftertaste.
Certifications & Awards
– Agrocert Certification, Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) Laconia, POC/3491-29251.18
– Gold Award in the Dubai International Olive Oil Competition (2021) Early Harvest.
– Silver Standard of Excellence for High Phenolic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2021) – The Olympia Health & Nutrition Awards committee
– Silver Award in Organoleptic evaluation (2020) Athena International Olive Oil Competition.
– Platinum Award in Packaging for Innovation, Labels, Total Image, and Container (2018) London International Olive Oil Competition
– Gold Award in Quality (2017) London International Olive Oil Competition
– Silver Standard of Excellence for High Phenolic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2017) The Olympia Health & Nutrition Awards Committee
– Bronze Standard of Excellence for High Phenolic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2016) The Olympia Health & Nutrition Awards Committee