MELODIA – Organic Beekeeping is a family production unit of unprocessed organic apiarian products. . It was created in 2013 thanks to the hard work and passion of beekeeper and producer Kiriakos Viros. It is based in the middle-mountain settlement Karitsa in Epirus, Greece. Today, it has in its disposal 350 beehives, all organic certified. It transfers its apiaries seasonally in mountainous and pristine locations like the Pindos mountain range. The ideal ecosystems, the affluence of the wild herbs and the luxuriant forests offer rare, single-variety honeys of high nutritional value. Its honey is packaged and standardized in a modern packing plant certified by ISO:22000 and HACCP.
The beekeper of Melodia Viros Kiriakos told us about the beginning: .
“ I got my first five hives because I wanted quality food for me and my family.
Soon the beekeeping captured my attention and won me over.
As I started to learn more and more about the bees, I was taken aback by their perfect biology and their enormous contribution to the ecosystem.I am always on the lookout for the best varieties of honey that unspoiled Greek nature has to offer ”
We implement coherently the standards and practices of organic beekeeping .
MELODIA excludes completely the use of antibiotics and pesticides. That way it protects the pure and natural character of the beehives’ microcosm and supports the bees’ cycle of life so that they can produce their top quality products with magical precision and method. We apply traditional methods of natural filtering (natural clarification in barrels). Without thermal or any other treatment, we produce completely raw and unprocessed honey that maintains its natural consistence and taste.
Certifications & Awards
– Bio certification
– Gmo Free
• gold prize for the Oak Tree organic honey
• gold prize for the Fir organic honey
• silver prize for the Arbutus organic honey
• gold prize for the Fir & Herbs organic honey
• silver prize for the Fir organic honey
• gold prize for the Sage organic honey
• silver prize for the Oak Tree organic honey
• silver prize for the Chestnut organic honey
Great Taste 2020
• 2 stars for the Oak Tree organic honey
• 1 star for the Sage organic honey
• 1 star for the Fir organic honey
• 1 star for the Chestnut organic honey
• 1 star for the Arbutus organic honey